Wedding season is here! Here are some great affordable wedding gift ideas that won’t break the bank.
Wedding Season is here!
Wedding season is here! There are a number of people we know who are getting married this year. It seems like the season sneaks up on my each year and I am never quite prepared for gift giving. It’s hard to think back to being a new bride, things have changed since we got married nearly 27 years ago!
Things seem simpler now with the internet. It’s so easy to order a pretty gift and have it delivered to the recipients door. I recently discovered a new website for meaningful gifts, Dayspring. They have the most beautiful inspirational items, all at great prices! There are gifts for Weddings, Mother’s Day, Graduations and so many other important family events, you will have a hard time choosing which ones to order first.
The first thing I picked out was this darling wooden sign. I loved it’s compact size, perfect for putting on a shelf or in a cubby with a wedding photo. The sign retails for just $12.99. Adorable!
The cards were my next find. Rarely do I make it into a store to shop for a pretty card. Just too much to do and not enough time for little things like that. I prefer to buy my cards in large quantities, it is cheaper and then I always have spare cards on hand.
Dayspring has boxes of cards with several classic wedding designs. So hard to choose which one is the best!
The cards can be given with a gift, or with money. What a lovely wedding day token! You could even frame one of these cards as a gift! The box of 12 cards costs just $6.99.
My favorite item, was this lovely tray. It just spoke to me. This bible verse is referenced at just about EVERY wedding. What a lovely memento of their special day to have this verse on a tray! The tray would be wonderful for serving drinks or entertaining, on a coffee table, or sitting on a shelf. Neutral colors are great for any type of decor! This tray is just $36.99 on Dayspring.
Here are some more popular gift ideas that won’t break the bank!
This post is sponsored by Dayspring. I was compensated to write this post, any opinions given are completely my own.
Wedding Gifts Under $40.00
1. Wooden “love” sign, as described above from Dayspring.
2. Wedding card with cash enclosed. Many couples use cash for downpayment on apartments or for their honeymoon. Cash is always appreciated!
3. Hotel Gift Cards: Great idea for giving a night or weekend away to the happy couple. Perhaps they could even use it on their honeymoon for an extended stay!
4. Crystal Bowls: Probably not as popular as they once were, but glass bowls are lovely for any occasion. We still use those that we got for our wedding so many years ago. They are great for serving salad, pudding, fruit, vegetables and more. I even keep my receipts in a crystal bowl until I file them.
5. Silverware: Most people don’t give real silver anymore because of the price. However, you can find vintage sets quite reasonably. Pickup a set from your local thrift store, pawn shop or antique mall. Polish and it will look like new! It’s not hard to find additional pieces online if you need a larger set.
6. Picnic basket: We love the picnic basket we received as a wedding gift. During the summer we make frequent trips to the park or beach with it in tow. The basket is complete with stainless silverware, non-breakable plates, plastic wine glasses, cork screw, table cloth and napkins, small cutting board and cheese knife. Include a bottle of your favorite wine for a memorable gift!
7. Personalized Frame: Every couple wants to frame photos from their special day. I love these Mr. and Mrs. frames from Dayspring.
8. Keepsake Linens: Good quality linens cost a fortune. A set of quality 100 % cotton or bamboo sheets is a lovely gift any couple will adore. Look for deep pocket sheets that have a thread count of at least 500 for the softest hand. Not sure what size to get? Get the King Size, even if they have a queen bed it will be a generous fit. Pillow case sets start for as little as $20.00, often you can find complete sets at discount stores.
9. Bar Ware: A basic set of glass goblets can be used for wine, cocktails or water glasses. Opt for a set for a set of 6 for entertaining. Bonus if two of the glasses are engraved Mr. and Mrs!
10. Family Treasures: This is the perfect opportunity for passing on those family heirlooms that you don’t use anymore. Think silver, crystal, small appliances, wool rugs vintage quilts or furniture items. Most couples will have to make large purchases during their first years together, this can save them money. Also, an heirloom piece makes a new house feel more welcome like home.
Love this post? Don’t forget to Pin it!
More great gift ideas are in these posts:
DIY Vintage Postcard Table
Sign me up!
Get a free tutorial for subscribing!