How to Hem Suit Coat Sleeves
- good quality sewing thread (cotton works best)
- sewing machine (straight stitch only, don’t panic),
- press cloth or dish towel
- tailors chalk
- 1 roll fusible interfacing approximately 1″ wide (I’ve been using this particular brand for years without complaints!)
11. Time to slip stitch the lining to the hem. Using a needle and thread, pick up only a thread or two of the wool sleeve and then the same amount of the lining. If you are not much for hand sewing, remember the lining won’t show. If you pick up more of the lining fabric at first it’s okay. Just be sure that your stitches are not visible on the outside of the sleeve.
Finishing the Hem:
If you enjoyed this post, here are a few others you will love:
Join the Sewing Community
Subscribe to get FREE Learn to Sew Worksheets.