This Ice Cream Pin Cushion project is fun and easy to make. Make one for yourself or to give to a friend!
You can make this Ice Cream Pin Cushion craft, in a heart beat! It will keep you thinking cool! There is nothing better than ice cream on a hot day. We have had plenty of those hot days around here lately. Hot, hot, hot! I was inspired to create this adorable Ice Cream Pin Cushion to remind me of cool things during a hot summer day!
This project is easy to make with just a few household items. Make a couple for gifts as long as you are at it! I started with just one, but I struggle to make just one of anything. It’s one of my compulsive behaviors, I can’t help myself.
I had to make a chocolate version too. I love chocolate sundaes don’t you? The chocolate pin cushion uses brown wool yarn and a dark colored sock instead of the white sock and clothesline in the white sundae. You’ll love how easy they are to make!
Ice Cream Pin Cushion Supplies Needed:
•white tube sock or brown sock for the chocolate sundae
•dry rice or beans for filling the sock, about 1 1/2 cups
•Clothesline or brown wool yarn
•Fabric glue or craft glue
•Red wool for felted “cherry” and felting needle, or a purchased small red pompom
•Multi-Colored stick pins or pins with flowered decorative ends
•Glass ice cream sundae dish (I got mine at the thrift store)
Pin Cushion Directions:
- Fill sock with rice or beans. Tie shut with string or yarn. Trim off excess fabric, leaving 1″ tail.
- Glue sock into the sundae dish, making a rounded top and hiding the tail underneath.
- Glue clothesline on top of the sock in a circular pattern covering the entire surface of the sock. Trim and secure end with more glue at the top.
- Make the red cherry by felting red wool with a felting needle into a ball. Alternatively, use a store bought red pompom for the cherry.
- Add stick pins around the “sundae” to look like sprinkles.
- Make another one, because you know you are having so much fun!
If you love this post, don’t forget to Pin it!
Check out these other fun crafty projects!